What does that mean? “one day post five day transfer” meaning we are one day after we transferred embryos that were 5 days old. Why is that important? It helps me figure out when I can start taking HPTs. Here’s the usual course of events:
d1p5dt=the blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell
d2p5dt=the blastocyst continues to hatch out of its shell and begins to attach itself to the uterus
d3p5dt=the blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining, beginning implantation
d5p5dt=implantation is complete, cells that will eventually become the placenta and the fetus have begun to develop
d6p5dt=hCG starts to enter the bloodstream
d7p5dt=fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
d8p5dt=fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
d9p5dt=hCG levels are high enough to detect a pregnancy
So based on that, you can’t really expect a HPT to be positive until 9 days after transfer. In reality, people get positive pregnancy tests much sooner than that. But given my past experience with positive pregnancy tests, I’m not really sure that knowing sooner would be beneficial. So the decision when to pee on a stick remains up in the air.
Today I decided to revamp my sidebar, so it’s a bit of a mess right now. I’m trying to get the RSS feeds for blogs that I follow in my blog. Right now I read them on my feed reader, which is fine, except it’s a pain to click through and comment. And I like commenting, so I’m trying to find a way to make my blog reading more conducive to commenting. It’s a work in progress.
Speaking of progress, how am I doing with my “14 things to do before beta” list?
give up caffeinestill caffeine-free, and it’s not so bad.
- finish baby gift #1–half-way done
- figure out baby gifts #2 and beyond
- submit forms for acupuncture reimbursement–I need a functioning printer for this, and since I’m not going back to work until Monday, it will have to wait
- plant my garden–this weekend if it isn’t raining
- finish the two socks I am currently knitting–one is almost done. I should have made this two items on the list!
- fix the seat cushions for the dining room table
- make the shade for the kitchen (ala Pinterest)
- organize my recipes and print new cookbook pages
- clean the bathroom
- find an article for journal club
- plan next week’s dinners
- make something delicious for breakfast one weekend
- get a pedicure–this is my usual “waiting for the beta phone call” activity so will be the last one to get done
Hopefully the weekend will lend itself to productivity. Today I’m working from home, and yes, I’m actually working. I need to write a paper in the next two months, and I think I finally figured out how to organize the data. We’ll see how far I can get today. Otherwise, nothing too exciting. Not exciting is good at this stage in the game.